Audience: PreK-12 Administrators and Educator Evaluators
Date: December 12, 2019
Check In: 8:00am-8:30am
LINK TO REGISTER
Location: RIASP Office Building: 2480 Post Road, Warwick, RI.
Cost of Session:
- Member Fee & Member Guest $230 each.
- Non Member Fee $250 each.
- Team of 3 or more $215 each (code required). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview: Teachers who struggle often have difficulty reflecting on and adjusting their practice in response to information gathered during observations and shared during your conferences with them. Change is challenging, regardless of the research-based, foreseeable and positive outcomes that regularly result from the change. Maintaining a positive and professional relationship while sharing news that’s hard to hear, then charting a course forward takes time and patience.
- Participants will learn and apply specific supervisory styles.
- Participants will learn apply the components of effective conferences with teachers who struggle, then use that information to participate in authentic conferencing scenarios designed to help participants practice their skills with their colleagues in small groups.
- Participants will be able to support educators to be reflective on data about their instruction, and change their practice to benefit their students.
Presenter: Carol Ann Gregory, M.S.
Carol served as a teacher, union president, and vice principal in the Brookline Public Schools; middle school principal in the Westwood and Northampton Public Schools; Director of Human Resources in the Lexington Public Schools, and Assistant Superintendent in the Wellesley, Public Schools. In her various roles, Carol has been responsible for recruiting, hiring, inducting and mentoring new teachers and administrators, as well as the professional development, supervision and evaluation of professional staff. As a consultant, Carol meets with works districts training and coaching their supervision and evaluation work including their work developing SEL in the classroom. She teaches courses and workshops on topics including: Differentiated Instruction, Social and Emotional Learning, The Brain and Learning,Motivation and Intelligence, Observation and Analysis of Educator Performance, Evaluating Low Performing Educators in face-to-face, hybrid and online formats.