You Are Invited to Join
RIASP’s Principals’ Instructional Learning Network
Dear School Leader,
As you continue to strive to make student learning a priority in your school, I would like to invite you to participate in four full days of professional learning in a Principals’ Instructional Learning Network that will be offered during the 2019-2020 school year.
In partnership with RIDE and the Connecticut Center for School Change, we are excited to offer this personalized professional learning opportunity to you at no cost, and provide an entirely new type of support for principals. The Connecticut Center was selected to partner with RIASP to create this initiative because they are a national model for effective leader learning. I encourage you to join this network to continue to increase your knowledge and effectiveness as a school leader.
RIASP recognizes that being a school leader is rewarding; however, it also comes with many challenges. The job can be lonely, and at times seem impossible to manage. The network acknowledges that principals need to support each other to thrive and make progress to improve student learning in their schools. Too often we put our own professional learning aside; however, principals’ professional development needs have never been greater than they are today.
What does this network offer? The Principals’ Instructional Learning Network is a small, ongoing community of practice for school principals/assistant principals deeply committed to:
identifying strengths and needs related to your school’s instructional core
examining research on high impact leadership practices, and teaching and learning
- collaborating with principals in the network to address your school’s problem of practice
- applying new learning to practice and sharing the results with the network, and contributing to the learning of other school principals across the state.
What is the structure of the network?
- Network launch: November 14, 2019 from 4:30pm-6:30pm.
- Four full days of interactive professional learning sessions: 11/25, 1/16, 3/3, 3/31.
- All sessions will run from 8:30am-3:00pm at the RIASP Office Building, 2480 Post Road, Warwick RI.
- All network participants are expected to attend all sessions.
- There is no cost to participate. Funding is provided by the Rhode Island Department of Education and The Rhode Island Foundation.
What makes this network stand apart from others?
How do I sign up? Use this link to register. http://www.riasp.org/event-3578885
You will find this to be an enriching and rewarding experience in your continuing leadership development as you work to make a difference in the lives of the children in the school communities you serve. School leaders are powerful levers for change when given the right training and support. I sincerely hope you will join us!
Rhode Island Association of School Principals